When preparing to look for a new job, tasks like updating your resume, organizing your references, and getting a new interview outfit may come to mind. But what if the key to your success is actually found in your smile? Decades of research have shown that whiter teeth can help you make a better first impression and take 10 years off your appearance, but recent findings suggest that it can also help you secure your dream job. Read on for the relationship between cosmetic dentistry and career success, as well as four cosmetic dental treatments to consider!
So, Can Cosmetic Dentistry Improve Your Career Success?
In short, the answer is a resounding yes! In fact, researchers who have studied the connection between cosmetic dentistry and career success found that:
- Candidates whose smile was viewed as “more attractive” were perceived to be a better fit for the position, even if they were less qualified.
- A person with straight teeth is viewed with positive attributes, like trustworthiness and intelligence, which are traits hiring managers look for.
- People with whiter teeth were more likely to be hired (and were even offered a higher salary).
4 Cosmetic Treatments to Consider
If crooked, stained, or otherwise imperfect teeth are holding you back, then it is time to talk to your dentist about cosmetic treatment options. Plus, thanks to advancements in technology and techniques, it may not take as long as you think! Here are four ways to improve your smile for your job hunt:
- Fix gaps, stains, and cracks with cosmetic bonding.
- Brighten, straighten, and perfect your teeth with porcelain veneers.
- Correct unsightly discoloration with Zoom! Whitening.
- Remove even the most stubborn stains with Deep Bleaching.
How Do I Know Which Is Right For Me?
When it comes to upgrading your smile, there is no room for error. To ensure that you get the long-lasting results you deserve, you should schedule an appointment with an experienced cosmetic dentist. After conducting an initial examination and listening to the issues you would like fixed, they can share which option (or options) they suggest for your smile. From there, you can discuss important factors like pricing and treatment length so you can make an informed decision!
Starting the quest for a new job can be a bit anxiety-inducing. However, with a gorgeous smile on your side, you can set yourself up for success to snag the dream job (and salary!) that you’ve always wanted!
About the Author
Since completing his Doctor of Medical Dentistry at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Dr. Glen Goldstein has continued to stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques. Not only is he a graduate of the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies, but he is also an active member of multiple reputable organizations, including the American Dental Association. If you would like to speak with Dr. Goldstein about improving your smile with cosmetic dentistry, visit his website or give him a call at 973-895-7995.